On top of Taylor's new medical concerns and treatments, Julie delivered a sweet baby boy by (horrific) emergency c-section last week, the day before Taylor's first chemo treatment. The baby is still in the NICU, waiting to be held for the first time. I just can't imagine shouldering this kind of burden, and I want to shower Julie with love right now. Let's pray, shall we?
2. Right now, our house is clean, organized, and calm. Except for the clean part. And the calm. But organized! We've GOT THAT! Because things are going in boxes with labels. The house closing is in two weeks (ack!), and I figure that I've got to get started little by little or I'll be frantic trying to get us out of here in time. Which makes me think Oh, gosh -- we won't be living HERE anymore. Which makes me start to cry. Packing is doing weird things to my emotions.
Also, I know nothing about packing for a move. Like, I'm sure there are some things I should keep unpacked until the very end, but I can't seem to think what those things would be...any tips?
3. One thing we definitely aren't packing yet? Landon's frying pan.
4. And we won't pack the camera. Because then, what would Landon race towards at baby-warp-speed? I really think he'd offer me his binkie in return for sole custody of the camera lens.
5. Dripping watermelon on the front porch steps. This is where it's at for a long summer day.
6. The cat thinks so, too. (And I think this photo might be on my list of ALL TIME favorites. Right?)
7. Yesterday, Yahoo ran a story about a British man who, irritated with his girlfriend's attraction to Fifty Shades of Grey, assaulted her with a bottle of 'A1' Steak Sauce. While the story was odd and comical (probably not for the sauced girlfriend), it was the comments at the bottom of the page that had me rolling. Here are a few of my favorites:
More Quick Takes are hosted by Jen at Conversion Diary -- check 'em out!