Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Writing Me: Where I'm From

Over at Bigger Picture Blogs today, we're kicking off a new feature to celebrate creativity and community!  The old project Where I'm From has been making the rounds lately, and we love the way it gives us a glimpse into a person's past and heart, all while being fun and inspiring, so we're using it as our current Writing Me prompt. 

My own attempt at showing you Where I'm From is up there now and I'd love it if you'd head over to read and respond...so here's a bit of a teaser...


------------




I am from a powder-blue bicycle with pink streamers, from Barbie and hand-cranked ice cream.  I am from the concrete house on the corner that was once a mid-century, valley-hidden gas station.  I am from autumn-pink azaleas, and broad-leafed redbuds.

I am from tracking Santa's flight on the 10 o'clock weather forecast; I am from rosy cheeks and blue eyes, from Grandma Nina's hands.  I'm from made-up recipes and splattered cookbooks; I am from Betty Crocker.....


Head over to Bigger Picture Blogs for the rest!

1 comment:

  1. I love this prompt! Can't wait to read the rest of your post. :)

    Also, thank you so much for the lotion you sent as part of BPB's birthday...it's heavenly! I love the scent -- I have a new favorite lotion now!

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?