Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

C-O-L-D

Oh, my friends.  I have a cold.  And lest you imagine that to be as inane as it sounds, let me assure you:

it is not just a cold.

It is a COLD. 

An Eight-Months Pregnant, Can't Sleep Anyway, But Now Can Sleep Even Less For Lack Of Breathing COLD.  It is an I Already Look Hideously Puffy So Why Don't We Add Some Red Eyes and Drippy Nostrils Just For Kicks COLD.  It is a Do I Hold My Belly To Prevent Early Contractions Each Time I Cough or Cover My Mouth to Prevent Germy Spray COLD.  It is a Find a Place to Sit Down and Sneeze So I Don't Lose Control of My Bladder COLD.

Perhaps most irritatingly, it is a HOW CAN I HAVE A COLD WHEN IT'S A HUNDRED AND ONE DEGREES OUTSIDE COLD.

(And now the word 'cold' is starting to look all wrong and misspelled.  To you, too?)

Anyway, I'm going to finish my hot tea and take a nap while the girls are in school.  And more importantly, I'm going to throw away the pile of kleenex that's accumulated while I've been sitting here typing. 

Of course I took a picture of used Kleenex...blame it on the COLD.

Gross.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, honey, feel better.

    (When I was pregnant I had to hold my belly button while sneezing because I hated the stretching/popping feeling inside it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer colds are awful. Pregnant colds are just plain wrong. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry! Saying a prayer you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing! I hope you start feeling better after your nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sincerely think sickness while pregnant is a billion times worse. IT's always longer, meaner, and more painful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo, bad germs! Really not fair to attack a pregnant woman! Be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I've got this cold too, but I think it's really allergies....my eyes itch(along with swelling and oh the sinus pressure!), my throat itches, my nose itches and runs constantly and the sneezing too...this isn't helping is it? I sure do hope you get over it, all the more reason to soak in a nice hot tub/shower and then settle in for a nice nap....relish your alone time now!
    Oh and I like your picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?