Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Worry Warts Are Fading

Here are some of the things I've been worried about over the past several weeks:



The gender of the baby.


Mia's graduation of preschool.  (The years are outpacing me!)






And here's what I didn't know I needed to be worried about:




Strangely, after such a fearful event, I'm not very worried about things anymore. 

Here is life.  It is unpredictable.  Things will happen -- nerve-wracking things and relaxing things and joyful things and heartbreaking things.  But they are, for the most part, unstoppable.  All we can do is love each moment and hope for the best.  Make the best.  This doesn't mean I'll stop hashing out my thoughts and combing through them for meaning; I'll still over-analyze the world and my reactions to life, but deep down?

I know that everything will be okay. 

4 comments:

  1. I like knowing that nothing will ever happen that's a surprise to God...He's already been there and will carry us through it all, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, what a month! But I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! Just started following your blog! (feel free to follow mine if you'd like :-) http://jlrailing.blogspot.com ) Love hearing about your life! Praying for your worry warts to totally disappear for good :-) God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something oddly calming about realizing that our control is mostly illusory. Each time I weather an unexpected change, I feel that calm. I think it comes from realizing that I can keep going, and I will.

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?