Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Making Whoopie Pie

I love when Justin offers his help in the kitchen. 

I was putting together these Peppermint Whoopie Pies recently... (which, honestly, looked better than they tasted -- they needed less vanilla in the filling, more sugar in the cake, and perhaps...a completely different recipe.)


when Justin decided to become involved.  He approached the (still hot) cakes with such hopefulness...such innocence...



...such disaster.


Such wonderfully hilarious disaster. 

This is reason number 839 for which I love him: Ruined Whoopie Pie.

8 comments:

  1. I think I made these one year - last maybe?? And... felt the same about the recipe..... needed a little of this - a little of that. Fun to do, though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good. i'd even eat the ruined one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I botched a peppermint whoopie pie recipe this week too! They were like... slightly chocolate-flavored biscuits with mint goo between them. Yikes. Why is the perfect whoopie pie so elusive?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought that they looked and tasted just lovely! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too funny...I actually have a great whoopie pie recipe, only we call them homemade oreos. Anyway, we made them this weekend too and I got the idea to roll them in crushed candy canes from that recipe you tried! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At our house, the players would be reversed. I do not bake, neither does my husband, but when he tries he can make something yummy. When I try, everything spells (and smells) disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that is what makes whoppie pies so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. he he, so cute! I have never consumed a whoppie pie by the way. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?