Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesdays Around The World: A Walk

The ladies at Communal Global are starting a party today to celebrate all the wonderful views of our lives from around the world. Each Tuesday, they'll be hosting a new theme for scenes around the world, and you're all invited!

This week's theme is 'At the park, or on a walk.'

We walked around our budding neighborhood last week and discovered a field of perfectly pale, tiny, lavender flowers blanketing an entire hillside.



I wanted to lie down in it and stare up at the blue sky, letting the wind blow my eyes closed and listening to the sound of little girls laughing. However, our agenda was full: A walk was planned; a walk was demanded.

Mia prefers a walk on the tightrope to a boring stroll on solid ground.



But she prefers golden 'sunflowers' to everything else.



I can capture such lovely moments if I don't say a word about the camera. On walks or in the house, playing or creating -- it's just better to be candid. Because when I say "Smile, girls!", this is what I get:



One exuding coy drama, and one yelling CHEESE! at the top of her lungs.

Have you taken a good walk lately? Post your photos at Communal Global, or just stop by for a visit to see more walks from around the world!

17 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww. Your girls are so darling. Mia is one of my favorite names. So pretty : ). I love the field of pale lavender flowers. Lovely! Isn't spring wonderful! So glad you joined us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pictures very much...
    Greetings from Germany
    Liebe Grüße, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of Mia "walking the tightrope"! And that hillside of flowers sounds divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are so lovely! And I LOVE the tiny pigtails!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sweet --the pictures of your two girls! And the lavender field? That was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Love the "sunflowers." It's amazing the way children manage to look at the SAME thing we look at and see a bright, beautiful flower where we only see a lawn menace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your girls have such a gentle sweetness about them... always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren looks like such a big girl standing in that field of flowers! (And, I can't even tell you how much I love those pigtails! So sweet!)

    Mia's such a little doll...but, the best kind of doll, one with personality and spunk. I love the way she's tightrope walking in her sparkly golden shoes and her precious little face while she offers you those flowers is just beyond description.

    Oh, and your neighborhood is beautiful, by the way. You live in a forest! (which, technically I knew, but...wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love fields of flowers. Even the yellow ones. (as long as they stay unpicked...I hate that white stuff that comes out of the stems.) Your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Levi is the same way. He actually loves to have his picture taken, but if I draw attention to the camera by saying smile, he jumps up, gets as close to the lens as he can (as I back up) and grins a crazy huge and slightly odd smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are beautiful...I miss the days of walking with my kids...your photos brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you hate the 'cheese' effect!! :D Cute picture though!! Love the first one in the flowers best of all I think :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like I say the same thing every time... but those are some amazingly cute kids! I suppose you probably don't get too upset to have to hear it over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've been on a lot of walks lately, but I haven't taken any pictures!
    One of our 4-years old is awake while his brother is napping. He just looked at these pictures and said, "Hmmm...I like those girls!" What's not to like? They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The last photo is my favorite. So cute!

    I found your blog at communal global. Thought I would say hi.

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?