Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm Getting Out Her Baby Book For This One

I am happy to announce that after a year of training, toil, and torment, Mia has mastered THE SPIT.

Tonight, she proudly spat dribble after dribble of toothpaste into the sink. She was so excited about conquering this challenge that she turned to watch herself in the mirror, thereby spitting directly down the side of her cheek. (So mastered is a bit of a strong word choice.)

We have been attempting the toothpaste-spit for so long that I wasn't even expecting it anymore. Usually when we say, "OK, now spit," Mia would carefully swallow the whole mouthful of toothpaste, and then give a feeble puff of air through smiling lips.

But tonight, my friends, foam actually exited her mouth. Why this is so satisfying to me, I may never understand. It just is.

This is one milestone that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

Walking? Meh. Potty-training? Pfft.

Toothpaste spitting? Now we're talkin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?