Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Noodles!

I made noodles from scratch! They were a lot easier than I thought they would be, and they turned out really good. Justin and Mia both liked them too, so that was a plus. I put them in some leftover chicken & broth I had frozen from a few weeks ago, added some carrots, celery, and onions, and the soup was on!

My Grandma offered me the use of her pasta machine to make these, but I was feeling adventurous. Which means I forgot to get the machine from her in time, so I cut the noodles all by hand. I probably would have had a harder time with the right tools anyway, and this was easy enough to get done quickly.

This is why I'm not allowed to mow the lawn. I get sidetracked easily, and forget to pay attention to my lines.

They were a little on the thick side, so I'll try to roll them out a bit more next time. But even as thick noodles, they tasted great.

I had some leftovers, so I'll try to dry them overnight, and store them for next time.

Mia and I also made some Christmas Ornaments:

And she actually did help. There was a lot of counting and pattern recognition. I think that fulfills my home-preschool effort for the day, no?

Productive day, huh? Now I'll go sit on the couch while the mess festers in the kitchen. I'm not feeling that productive.

1 comment:

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?