Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh, Christmas

I keep waiting for the Christmas bug to bite me this year. (Geez, a lot of bugs around this place lately, huh?) I'm just not feeling it. And I think it would help if I at least had done some decorating, but my motivation is missing. This is a case of a dog chasing it's tail - I'm waiting to feel in the Christmas spirit to put up decorations, but if I'd just do it, my spirit would probably follow.

It seems like more trouble than it's worth, though. I can only think of all the mess to clean up after it's over. And that's what's stopping me from even getting out of the gate, I think. We have yet to even get a tree, and I'm already feeling the post-Christmas let-down.

Maybe when the kids are older, and more interested in the season, they'll spark the spirit in me. I hope. And it does just need to be sparked. I know it's in there somewhere.

Here's what I'll do: decorate this weekend, hope my Christmas spirit is awakened, and pig out on some treats I'll make in my spare time. Sweets make everything a happy occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?