Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Am I an adult yet?

When I was in high school, I couldn't wait to be a mature adult. Truth be told, I just wanted to finally be comfortable in my own skin. It seemed most adults were like that. They'd been around the block, and knew themselves. And had no trouble finding their place in life.

But as a teenager, I was awkward. I wanted nothing so much as to be socially graceful. Of course, with the grace part would come the confidence part. The popularity part. The beauty part. This was understood.

Only...I'm an adult now! And where's my grace?? I'm still a red faced, mumbling girl in the presence of intimidation. I still say the wrong thing most of the time, and I'm just glad that I get to stay home with the girls, so the chance to flaunt this "talent" doesn't arise often.

I'm definitely glad to be a grown up, though. If nothing else, I get to choose where and how often to embarrass myself! And Justin says he doesn't see red cheeks any more these days...he misses them.

Poor guy. I'll have to see what I can do about that. Class reunions will be coming up soon, plenty of opportunity on that front!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?