Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hellooooo Out There...

I feel like I'm wandering in the dark right now, holding my splayed hands in front of my body, shuffling blindly across a slippery floor.  I haven't blogged for several days now, and I just don't know what to do with this silence.  Also, I forgot my camera over Thanksgiving, and if there are no pictures to document the day's events, did the day's events really happen?  Our Thanksgiving was so wonderful; if you don't mind, I'd like to share it with you even though it's pictureless.  Okay?  Okay.

Lying in bed until 8 AM
Giggling girls begging daddy for breakfast
Slow, lazy showering
Serious artists coloring cut-out turkeys
Tying on a favorite apron
Streaming Christmas music on Pandora
Chopping pecans and cubes of sharp cheddar
Constantly stirring a bubbling, sweet, pineapple glaze
Girls screaming about giant, floating balloons on TV
Punching down puffy dough
Rolling dough into butter-drenched crescents
Mia burning her chin on the hot baking sheet,
sniffing too close to fresh rolls
Daddy wrestling and chasing
two girly turkeys
Chilly air frosting outside, oven-warmed coziness inside
Driving across town for a feast
Greeting a full, smiling house of family
Girls shucking their outfits for dress-up costumes
Hand-holding, wide circle of prayer
Lauren in a pink ballerina dress, eating and giggling
Filling a plate to overflowing
Sharing memories and silly stories
Picking at desserts for 4 hours
Forgetting dinner
Losing the annual Heavenly family ping-pong tournament (Sarah...)
Winning the annual Heavenly family ping-pong tournament (Justin...)
Screaming fits at nightfall, time to go home
Bundling and buckling
Pajama-ing and snuggling
Much thankful sighing

I hope your Thanksgiving weekend has been a happy one!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a beautiful day! so happy to see a new entry, the blog world isn't the same without your wonderful perspective. i forgot my camera over thanksgiving too, so at least you're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh poor Mia! Ouch. Is she doing ok? I'm sure she learned her lesson the hard way poor bebe.

    I didn't learn my lesson. I burned myself 3 times!

    The ping pong tourney sounds super fun along with long lazy showers. I'm glad your holiday was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your tourney loss.
    But lazy showers? I loooooove me some lazy showers.

    Glad it was a good weekend for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day -- even if it's pictureless. Our camera is broken so I've got no proof our Thanksgiving even happened either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. All the same in our world too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the same type of day we had!! (minus the cooking sheet burn). Don't you just love chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds beautiful! Picture free isn't always so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?