Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday, #65



1.  We've been enjoying (and occasionally) bemoaning the beginnings of summer this week, and it's only 85 degrees outside.  Heaven help me when real summer temperatures set in and I'm gasping for air on a humid 100+ degree day. 

How do you like your summers?  Hot, hot, hot like the deep south?  Or mild and sunny like what I imagine Canadian summers to be?

I think I'm going to be wishing for Canada in about 2 months.  Or 2 weeks.  It really depends on my mood. In the meantime, we're eating ice cream cones, wearing bathing suits, sporting sweaty hair -- the works.



2. Chocolate ice cream cones, to be specific.




3.  Hand-me-down bathing suits, to be precise.




4.  Sweaty hair, pulled back in pigtails, and drenched with hose water, to be exact.




5.  One of the perks of living on the edge of a forest (and failing to trim our property line adequately) is being surprised with tiny, young berries growing along our chain link fence.  I think these will become blackberries, but I'm willing to allow that I actually have no idea.  Do you?



6. I think it's been a while since I asked this, but I am truly and wholeheartedly interested. Plus, I'm always thinking about such deeply important issues as these and it's only fair to let you inform me of your views on this timely and heated topic:

Have you seen any good movies lately? 



7.  I think sometime in the next week or so, I'll be announcing an exciting new...venture?...with some wonderfully talented and creative friends.  I think you'll like it, so check back soon!  Like, every day, if you wish.  Because, honestly...I might just gross you outfrighten you, or make you cry in the meantime, so why wouldn't you come back?  With promises like these, who needs discouragement?


Have a fun, fun Memorial Day weekend, and be sure to stop by Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to come spend summer with you all!

    We haven't seen any movies lately, but have four free passes that we haven't used since last fall, so I'm hoping someone suggests something good here!

    Looking forward to your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" last night. Hubby and I both really liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness. PLEASE send some of the hot weather to Oregon. It's been stormy and cold and wretched here for weeks.

    The perk of living in Oregon, despite the weather right now, is that I am very familiar with blackberries. Yes, those are blackberries, and they are wonderful and delicious. If they're like the ones we have here, they will ripen in late August (although the ones here don't have flowers, much less green berries, yet, so yours might be ahead of schedule). But be warned--if you are not diligent about trimming them back, they will get a foothold and never let go and take over your entire yard with thorny vines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on the heat! Of course I'm saying that now while enjoying a day in the low 80's with a beautiful breeze blowing through my windows. Check my blog in July and you may find a different story...

    Have you seen Seven Pounds yet? I know it's a few years old, but I really liked that one. I finally saw Julie & Julia and loved that too. And P.S. I Love You is a sure favorite. I think we're renting The Lovely Bones tonight. I read that book years ago and loved it!

    Excited to hear about your new "venture!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I hate the heat. I lived in south florida for 12 years and have done my time. this 90 degree weather already in May is terrible. Give me mild summers any day!

    One movie we netflixed recently we really liked was St. Giuseppe Moscati. Well worth the viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Canadian. It snowed this morning. Yes, while your kids were playing in the sprinkler mine wore boots and mitts.
    Still wish you were here?
    Seriously, our summers are as varied as yours, excepting it doesn't get quite as hot as the South.
    Where I live we don't even have AC in house as we might only need it a few days of the year, but in Southern Ontario, you'd wither up and die without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a porch??? Possibly a wrap around???
    Friend, I've always wanted a porch. Can I come eat chocolate ice cream on your porch? :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Corinne, I want your porch! Loveliness.

    Oh, and heat and humidity....ugh. I'd love a mild summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my summers warm and sunny with the occassionsl puffy white clouds and a little tiny breeze. I get all kinds of excited just thinking about it!
    Movies? What are those? Haven't seen one in months, but our most recent fab views include 500 days of summer and 7 years in Tibet.

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?