Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday, #56



Hi, Quick Takers! Sunday is my baby girl's SECOND birthday, and I'm not really ready for it yet...I'm emotional and attached and hyperventilatory. And weepy. My baby is 2 years old. Which is such a tiny number, I know. But seeing it just makes me acknowledge that the years are stacking up double-fast: 2 leads to 4 leads to 8 leads to...Lord help me.

So, in addition to the birth story which is currently being told (Part 1 here, Part 2 here), I'm dedicating my Quick Takes today to my sweet baby Lauren. Who is (sob) not a baby anymore.

Anyway, here are some of my very favorite photos from the first 2 years of her life.

(Sob.)



1. Being held for the first time by her big sister.



2. Her tiny little toes, only one day old.





3. My sweet, pink little darling.



4. Basking in the sun on a grand boating expedition.



5. Snuggling with her lambie and blankie: her true loves.



6. Hiding from the helicopter, safe under mama's neck.



7. Taking a bite out of life. Er, her ballerina costume.


(Sigh.)

Have a wonderful weekend, visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes, and be sure to come back in a few hours for Part 3 of Lauren's birth story!

13 comments:

  1. She is so precious! She's got some kissable cheeks! Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof, that little baby toes picture is pretty much the best thing ever. Happy birthday , Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What a great quick takes-a sweet tribute to your sweet daughter-the pictures are so cute!

    Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much younger Mia looks in that first picture (well and Lauren, too, obviously :) So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet:) I used to get so sick of hearing that they grow up too fast, but I am now one of those moms who says it over and over again.

    Happy Birthday, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I know this Quick Takes is about Lauren, but I have to say I was totally struck by the look on Mia's face in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures! Mia's face is classic in the first shot and sweet little Lauren eyeing that helicopter just melts my heart every time. You're one lucky mama!

    Oh, and your first shot inspired me. I think we (and by that, I mean YOU) should do a Mr. Linky "siblings first meeting" photo link exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those toes!!! Squeal! One was the killer for me. I dealt with two okay. I guess I'd done all my freaking out over one. Good luck, and enjoy! Oh, and she'll always be your baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My baby will be 2 in May and I.am.not.ready. Great pictures photographing her journey to the Big 02 as we call it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily - I'll do a siblings first meeting photo exchange if you'll promise to get some people from Discovering Flowers to come over! I want LOTS of photos!

    ReplyDelete

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?