Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One of those milestone thingies

Lauren pulled herself up to stand at the couch!

She didn't seem like she understood how big of a deal this was, she was just excited to reach the coupons I was flipping through. But I was thrilled! She absolutely loves walking around while holding our fingers, and gets quite angry if she's not allowed to do so every waking minute of the day. This is another step towards her walking independently. Again - a happy milestone that makes me think of how quickly time passes.

It happened while I was watching President Obama's inauguration speech. And it made me think...she's pulling herself up to stand tall, just like our country will hopefully do under Obama's leadership.

(crickets chirping...)

Okay, so that was lame. But I did feel really hopeful today during all the inaugural ceremonies. I don't fully agree with all of his ideas, nor would I have agreed with all of McCain's ideas. BUT...I do see this as a major turning point for our country and am excited to see what happens next. I hope he can fulfill some of the good things he's represented so far. I hope he'll be a good president.

I KNOW Lauren will be a good...stander...?

This is going nowhere.



Are you still here?

Wish me luck. I've lost all brainpower after yesterday's baby-girl-love-fest. When I start talking politics...well, it's just time for me to stop talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hmm...And how did that make you FEEL?